With the development of the times, the prices of various industries have risen sharply, and the cost of feed used by farmers to raise laying hens has also increased. Although the help of layer rearing equipment can save a lot of manpower and material resources, the cost of raising chicken is still getting higher and higher. How to effectively control the waste of feed and increase the feed conversion rate has become a hot topic in the aquaculture industry.
In the production, we must ensure the quality of chicken products, but also pay attention to economic benefits. The author will talk about how to improve feed compensation and reduce feed waste during the feeding process.
1. Eliminate low-yield chickens in time. Timely elimination of low-yield chickens can effectively save feed. In production, the first is to timely eliminate low-yield chickens that have not been opened or have been produced for 30-35 weeks of age, but have a short egg production period. Second, they must eliminate chickens that are often closed, overweight or overweight. Small and thin chickens, chickens with serious sorrows; third, chickens with poor growth, disability, weak chickens, strong nesting and early maturity.
2. Reduce materials in time. When the laying hens have peaked (usually around 42 weeks), they should be reduced in time. The method is: according to the chicken day reduction of 2.5 grams, observed 3-4 days, to see if the decline in egg production rate is normal. If it is normal, you can reduce it by 1-2 grams the next day. If there is still no abnormality, you can reduce it by 3 grams. This will not affect the production of eggs, but also prevent the body from being over-fertilized, which can ensure the supply of nutrients and reduce the waste of feed.
3. Change even material to feed less frequently. Homogenization can easily provide an opportunity for disease transmission among chickens, which is not good for the health of chickens. Therefore, should be changed into a uniform feed for feeding, feeding several times a day less frequently, and as far as possible according to the number of chickens and their intake feed. The trough must be kept empty for about 30 minutes every day to ensure that the chickens eat up the feed on the spot.
4. Anti-rats and birds stealing materials. Most chicken farmers have problems with rats and birds. If you don’t pay attention, the consequences are very serious. One is to cause waste of feed, and the other is infectious diseases. The farm can regularly carry out bait and rodent control. Doors, windows, vents, etc. are placed on the protective net to prevent birds from entering.
5. Prevent mildew from feed. Especially in the high temperature and high humidity season, if the feed is improperly stored, it is prone to mold and waste. Therefore, the feed should be stored in a dry, clean place, and be protected from moisture and rain.
6. Reduce waste and throw. In the process of feed processing, transportation and feeding, it is necessary to prevent the phenomenon of feed sprinkling. If the transport bag is damaged, tight, and whether a fan is turned on when feeding, this may be rare for each waste that is wasted, but at the end of each feeding cycle, the total amount of waste is still large.
The above is a suggestion for the author to reduce the cost of breeding in the process of raising chickens in layer battery cages. I hope the above answers can help the farmers.