In the process of laying hens, reducing the egg breaking rate can improve the breeding efficiency, so how to reduce the egg laying rate of caged hens?
1. Select the appropriate chicken battery cages based on the breed and weight of the chicken you are raising. The spacing of the iron bars at the bottom of the cage is generally recommended to be 2.5 cm × 5 cm. It is suitable when designing the angle of the bottom of the cage. Small angles cannot roll out the eggs in time. Large angles can easily cause the eggs to fall to the ground or cause the eggs to roll. The impact force is large and breaks each other. The slope of the general cage bottom should be kept at 7-8 degrees.
2. Choose a suitable breed to raise. At present, the varieties such as Hailan brown, Hailan white and Roman brown are very good in the laying hens. The anti-stress and disease resistance are strong, the hardness and strength of the eggshell are relatively good, and the ratio of eggs to eggs is relatively high.
3. Ensure that the feed is balanced. The nutrient level of the feed is directly related to the strength and hardness of the eggshell, which is an important factor affecting the egg breaking rate. When formulating feed, it is necessary to formulate nutrient-rich feeds in stages, especially calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D3 and crude protein. Although most of the current feeds are called full-price feeds, caged chickens do not receive additional vitamins. Therefore, chicken farms can supplement chickens with multi-dimensional and minerals twice a week.
4. Increase the number of quail eggs and improve the quality of quail eggs. In order to prevent the egg from colliding with the egg, and the egg is broken by the chicken at the bottom of the cage, it is necessary to lick the eggs more than three times a day. The last quail egg arrangement is to reduce the time the eggs stay on the cage before turning off the lights at night, and to prevent the chickens from quailing.
5. Correct and reasonable lighting. When supplementing the light, it should be adjusted with the seasons. The total light time is 16 hours, at least not less than 14 hours.
6. Reasonable and effective calcium supplementation. After about 45 weeks of age in the middle of laying, it is necessary to supplement the shells at 4-5 pm to provide sufficient calcium source for the eggshell.
7. Minimize stress. Caged chickens are timid and very sensitive to changes in the surrounding environment. When the chickens are scared, they will increase the soft shell eggs and deformed eggs.
8. Prevent the occurrence of cockroaches. Cage chickens are intensively raised and have a high stocking density. In the case of improper management of feeding, it is easy to have bad habits such as quail eggs. It is necessary to observe the flocks and find the chickens with the bad habits.
9. Prevent the occurrence of disease. After the disease occurs, the egg production rate of the chickens will be significantly reduced, the eggshell quality will decrease, and the egg breaking rate will increase significantly. Therefore, in production, it is necessary to strengthen the biosafety construction of chicken farms, formulate reasonable disinfection measures and immunization procedures, and regularly detect antibody levels and regularly administer drugs to prevent diseases.