It is about to enter June, and the summer is coming soon. For the users of laying hens, summer is a difficult time to raise. The weather is hot, the feed intake of the hens and chickens will be reduced, and the hot weather will easily cause the hens to become infected. Therefore, in summer, farmers must pay attention to the feeding and management points of laying hens and chickens, and carefully raise them to make them safe in summer. The following author will introduce the feeding management of chickens in laying hens in summer.
1. Heatstroke prevention and cooling: This is a very important point for laying hens in summer. Nowadays, the farmers use large-scale layer chicken cages farming methods to breed laying hens. The breeding density is high, and the temperature in summer chicken houses will be higher, so it is necessary to do the work of cooling and ventilation. Generally, farmers will choose to install fans and wet curtain equipment for cooling and ventilation. The effect is very good, and the controllability is very strong, which can bring a comfortable temperature to the chicken house. Farmers who do not have equipment installed can also cool down by spraying cool water indoors.
2. The humidity in the house should be suitable: usually the summer rain is more, so the humidity of the house will be higher. Generally, the humidity of the chicken houses of the laying hens should be kept at 50-60%. When the relative humidity is exceeded, the heat dissipation capacity of the chickens will be affected, and the humidity will be too high to cause the chickens to be infected. Therefore, farmers should pay attention to maintaining the humidity of the chicken house and do a good job of ventilation management of the chicken house.
3. Supply water should be sufficient: no matter what season, water is a substance that cannot be separated from chickens. Water plays an important role in many aspects such as digestion and metabolism of chickens. Especially in summer, when the temperature rises, the water in the chicken group will be released in large quantities, and the amount of drinking water will increase. Therefore, farmers must maintain uninterrupted supply of healthy water to the chickens this season. Once there is insufficient drinking water, the laying hen will have a decrease in egg production. In severe cases, dehydration and heatstroke may occur and death. Therefore, it is necessary to keep enough water for the flock.
4. Adjust the ratio of feed: When the weather is hot, the appetite of the hens will be reduced, and then the necessary nutrients will not be obtained. Therefore, in terms of feed, farmers should increase the concentration of nutrients in the feed in the summer, and choose to feed more than a few times to make the intake of the standard. Meet the nutritional needs of laying hens so that it does not affect the laying rate of laying hens.
5. Do a good job in chicken disease prevention: Because of the many factors in the hot summer, chickens are prone to infection. Therefore, farmers must do routine immunization work to prevent the occurrence of epidemics.